Vintage looks with tremendous tones
The SG Special 2017 T is the perfect guitar for the player who desires vintage looks and authentic Gibson tones, but also wants to get the best that Gibson's modern construction methods have to offer. A satin finish, nickel-plated hardware, and vintage-style keystone tuners give this SG Special the traditional vibe that we all love. Its slim-taper neck, modern pickups, and small-block inlays suit it to today's most demanding playersand it all comes at an incredible value for a genuine American-made Gibson guitar. Delivered in a padded gigbag with a strap and polishing cloth.
Body and Neck
Mahogany body and neck. Slim-taper neck profile. 24 polished frets. Rosewood fingerboard. Small-block inlays.
Pickups and Electronics
490R and 490T. 2 volumes, 2 tones, 1 toggle switch
Nickel-plated aluminum Tune-O-Matic bridge and stop bar tailpiece. Vintage-style keystone tuners. Golt top hat knobs with silver inserts.
• Body & Neck: Mahogany
• Neck profile: Slim taper
• Neck width: 1.695 in.
• Heel: Traditional
• Fingerboard: Rosewood
• Scale length: 24.75 in.
• Frets: 24, polished
• Nut: Tektoid
• Inlay: Acrylic small blocks
• Bridge: Aluminum Tune-o-Matic with steel thumbwheels
• Tailpiece: Aluminum Stop Bar with steel posts
• Knobs: Gold top hats with silver inserts
• Tuners: Vintage style keystones
• Hardware Plating: Nickel
• Neck pickup: 490R
• Bridge pickup: 490T
• Controls: 2 volumes, 2 tones, 1 toggle switch
• Finishes available: Satin Vintage Sunburst, Satin Cherry
• Case: Padded gigbag