The RDE K2 is a premium valve condenser microphone featuring dual 1" gold sputtered diaphragms. Infinitely variable control of the polar pattern from omnidirectional through cardioid and bidirectional/figure-8 provides the freedom and flexibility to excel in any recording situation.
High-performance specifications (including a maximum SPL of 162dB) are combined with the character and subtleties of the legendary mics of the 1950s to provide a microphone that not only provides world-class vocals but is perfectly at home recording a wide range of instruments both up-close or in a wider "room" capacity.
• Large 1 inch capsule with gold sputtered diaphragm and internal shock mounting
• Ultra low noise
• Wide dynamic range
• Class A valve circuitry
• Hand-selected and graded 6922 twin-triode valve
• Dedicated Power Supply
• High strength welded and heat-treated steel mesh head
• Continuously variable polar patterns. From omni, through cardioid to figure 8, controlled at the power supply.
• Acoustic Principle: Pressure Gradient
• Active Electronics: Valve/tube impedance converter with bipolar output buffer
• Capsule: 1.00"
• Polar Pattern: Cardioid, Figure 8, Omnidirectional
• Address Type: Side
• Frequency Range: 20Hz - 20kHz
• Output Impedance: 200 ohms
• Maximum SPL: 162dB SPL (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1 kiloohm load)
• Maximum Output Level: 30.0mV
• Sensitivity: -36.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (16.00mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
• Equivalent Noise Level (A-weighted): 10dB-A
• Power Options: Power supply incl.
• Output: XLR